No doubt, QuickBooks has numerous advanced and effective features that make accounting easy. But, together with them, there are multiple issues that users face while using the features. One such is QuickBooks error H505 that appears while using or switching QuickBooks to the multi-user mode. The error takes place thanks to damaged and corrupt company files, incorrect hosting configuration, and restrictive firewall settings. Once you encounter the error, a blunder message appears on the screen saying, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” undergo the entire blog to grasp about causes and troubleshooting solutions to repair QuickBooks Desktop error H505.
Struggling with QuickBooks error H505? Connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and fixing the error instantly.
Main causes of QuickBooks error code H505
Following is that the list of major causes that trigger this multi-user error in QuickBooks:
- Restrictive Windows Firewall and security settings that blocks communication between QuickBooks and server.
- Not operating the newest update of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damaged or corrupted .tlg and .nd configuration files within the QuickBooks folder.
Quick Fixes to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Multi-User error H505
Solution 1. Change hosting settings on workstations
- Move to 1 of the workstations getting error H505 and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- move to the File menu rather than opening the corporate get in QuickBooks.
- Click Utilities. If you see the Host Multi-User Access option under Utilities, don’t select it.
- Move to a different workstation and open QuickBooks.
- If you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option under Utilities, select it.
- Follow the identical troubleshooting steps to alter hosting settings on the workstations.
Solution 2. Reset hosting on the pc hosting the corporate file
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application on the most server and choose the File menu.
- Click Utilities and appearance for the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Next, select the Host Multi-User Access option.
Solution 3. Fix hosting issues by running QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QB Tool Hub
- Ensure all company files are closed once you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, open your application program to induce the setup file of the foremost recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- After downloading, save the file to a location you’ll be able to easily access, like your Windows Desktop.
- From the Windows Desktop, double-click to open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- To successfully install the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you wish to mark the conform to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Network Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Database Server Manager, locate your company folder, so click Start Scan.
- If you can’t see the folder, browse to the situation and so click Start Scan.
- Wait till the server manager starts and repairs firewall permissions.
- After that, switch QuickBooks to the multi-user mode.
This advisory blog on QuickBooks error H505 ends here. Hopefully, the troubleshooting procedure discussed above will facilitate your overcome the difficulty. If the error still appears, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and consult with certified QuickBooks professionals.